About the Arcadia Public Library
The Arcadia Public Library was built in 1905 with a $5,000 donation from Andrew Carnegie.
Carnegie donated $56,162,622 for the construction of 2,509 library buildings throughout the English-speaking parts of the world, including the Arcadia Public Library!
The Arcadia Public Library was one of 1,681 libraries in the United States to receive money from Andrew Carnegie.
The Arcadia Public Library, which was housed in a room on the second floor of the village hall, opened to the public on July 25, 1899.
On November 1, 1906, the Arcadia Public Library opened its doors to Arcadia patrons.
According to the annual report of June 30, 1908, the library owned 1,647 volumes; by 1934, an inventory revealed that the library owned 2,761 volumes.
In the annual report in December of 1994, the library owned 17,808 volumes!
The Arcadia Public Library was listed in the National Register and State Register of Historic Place on April 29, 1994.
Jennifer Losinski – Director
Pat Grzadzielewski – Assistant
Arlene Servais – Assistant
Phone: (608) 323-7505
Fax: (608)323-7505 (Note: please call before sending fax for details, including fees for faxes.) Charges are $1 first page, and 50¢ per page thereafter.
Mailing Address: 730 Raider Drive, Suite 3140 Arcadia, WI 54612